Re: AD Evaluation Comments: draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-04

2005-10-20 13:12:28

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 01:20:07PM -0400, Scott Hollenbeck wrote:

Section 4.7: "A script will fail if it attempts to execute two or more
vacation actions."
Should "will" be either SHOULD or MUST?  "will" describes an implementation
behavior.

I also had a comment on 4.7 that I sent off-list.  Essentially:

    I did wonder about that wording; seems to me that the the script as
    a whole probably shouldn't fail, but the non-first vacation
    action(s) should give an error.  i.e. duplication vacation actions
    should fail, not abort the entire script.  (Not to mention that if
    the script were to fail on the second "vacation" then there would be
    no need to say "or more".)

Another nit was:

5.8  In-Reply-To and References

   > Section 3.6.2 of [RFC2822] provides a complete description of how
   > References fields should be generated.

   Pretty sure that's supposed to be section 3.6.4

Plus some minor comment about the spelling of my name :-)

-mm-