Re: 'header' test and whitespace

2005-11-22 05:35:38

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 16:17 -0800, Philip Guenther wrote:
So, there are three choices:
1) just compress whitespace at fold points
2) compress all whitespace
3) no compression

the unfold logic is too complex for most authors of e-mail software, it
seems, and a "compress whitespace" rule might make life easier for them.
however, they will probably still screw up

Subject: This RFC 2047 thingy is =?UTF-8?Q?p?=
 =?UTF-8?Q?icky?=

so I don't think it matters much in practice.  so my conclusion is:
don't confuse matters even more by adding Sieve specific unfolding
rules.

Note that we had previously agreed that leading and trailing
whitespace on the field value in total should be completely ignored;
that would not be affected by the compression described above.

I don't see why we need to strip trailing whitespace, but I don't feel
strongly about it.
--
Kjetil T.