Re: "Any header" test - possible?

2006-01-16 07:06:19

Alexandros Vellis wrote:

I am wondering how I could check for e.g. the existence of some text in
*any* header.  [With the text not being an email address so
that :address test is not what I really want].

RFC3028 (+bis) would imply that this is not possible. string-list that
is used in header-list has to have at least one string:

string-list = "[" string *("," string) "]" / string
                  ; if there is only a single string, the brackets
                  ; are optional

So saying

 header :contains [] "some text"

or
 header :contains "some text"

,implying to match any header, is not valid.

So, is it possible to do what I want in Sieve?
I don't think so.
Can you describe a use-case for this feature in more details?