Re: Imapflags "hasflag" test interaction with relational draft

2006-01-31 10:27:55

Ken Murchison wrote:

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

Ken Murchison has asked me how "hasflag" test interacts with relational extension.

hasflag :count will count the number of different flags in a variable.
So
hasflag :count "ge" "MyVariable" "5"

returns true if the number of different flags in MyVariable is >= "5". However note that the default comparator is i;ascii-casemap and not i;ascii-numeric. I.e. hasflag test doesn't have the comparator parameter. Does anybody see any value in adding the comparator parameter to hasflag test?

No. RELATIONAL already requires the presence of i;ascii-numeric, so you could just state that hasflag :count uses i;ascii-numeric instead of i;ascii-casemap.

This is possbile, but I think for all other tests the default comparator doesn't depend on match type.