Re: Minor issue in draft-ietf-sieve-spamtestbis-02.txt

2006-06-01 17:04:23

Hi Ned,

--On June 1, 2006 2:07:26 PM -0700 Ned Freed
<ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> wrote:

> I just noticed that although the draft makes heavy use of the
> relational :value match type, it says nothing about how :count should
> be handled. I suggest adding a note to say that the "count value" is 1
> if there's a spamtest or virustest result to check, 0 otherwise.

I like that... I could swear that had been suggested at some point but
can't find it, so probably not.

Interesting. I too have a vague recollection that this came up before,
but a quick search of the list archives failed to find any references.
Perhaps at a WG meeting or bar-BOF?

Interesting - I can't ever recall that being discussed before, at least in my presence :-). But it does provide an interesting solution to the 'untested' case which is somewhat awkward with the :percent option.

So here is a proposal: remove the current "untested" return value and instead require scripts to use :count to determine that case with the behavior of :count being defined as Ned suggested. An example:

          require ["spamtestplus", "fileinto",
                   "relational", "comparator-i;ascii-numeric"];

          if spamtest :count "eq"
                      :comparator "i;ascii-numeric" "0"
          {
              fileinto "INBOX.unclassified";