Small comment on 3028bis redirect

2006-06-14 09:05:57

I'm reading over the redirect action, and it makes reference to the
behavior of "a .forward file using sendmail under UNIX."

Could the intended behavior be made explicit? I'd to know if the
envelope sender on the new outgoing message should be the Sieve
recipient or the original sender.

And uh, since it seems somewhat obvious now that I think about it that
it cannot be the original sender, who is not likely to be vouched for by
the relaying MTA if, say, there's an SPF query... probably best to
clarify the language in that paragraph in section 4.2 of 3028bis.

Aaron