Sieve reject action and environment test extension

2006-08-21 13:59:43

After thinking more about comments received regarding the reject draft, I would propose that instead of adding options to reject that would make it behave "do X if able to reject message over protocol and nothing otherwise" (originally proposed by Kejtil, if I am not mistaken), we should define proper Sieve environment test extension. The extension should define something for testing if Sieve engine is running in MTA/MDA, versa running in MDA.

So I would like to poll the WG regarding the following:

1). Does the WG has enough information to decide if this is a reasonable suggestion? 2). If the answer to #1 is yes, does the WG want to delay publication of reject until after the environment extension is done, or is it Ok to submit it to IESG sooner?

Alexey

P.S. If the answer to #2 is "delay reject until after the environment draft", then we need to push out the milestone for the reject. But of course this should have no influence on answers to the 2 questions mentioned above.