Re: Proposal for escaping on non-UTF-8 sequences in Sieve

2006-09-19 02:36:35

Aaron Stone wrote:

On Mon, 2006-09-18 at 15:12 -0600, Philip Guenther wrote:
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Michael Haardt wrote:
On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 09:44:20AM -0700, Ned Freed wrote:
There are all sorts of ways to do it. Here's an obvious one: If the
octet-value extension is enabled, any occurances of ${x} where x takes
the form of a space-separated list of decimal values is replaced with
a sequence of octets corresponding to each value.
What a brilliant idea! How about using the same syntax variables do,
and embedding arbitrary data written as a function?
You mean something like option (3) from my message of March 2005?
   http://www.imc.org/ietf-mta-filters/mail-archive/msg02018.html
Didn't we end up zapping namespaces from the variables spec?
No, an extension can define a namespace for variables.