Re: Text suggesting that non-UTF-8 sequenced may be abandoned in the future

2006-09-30 13:59:27

Hi everyone,
3028bis, section 2.1. (Form of the Language) says:

 >   With the exceptions of strings and comments, the language is limited
 >   to US-ASCII characters.  Strings and comments may contain octets
 >   outside the US-ASCII range.  Specifically, they will normally be in
 >   UTF-8, as specified in [UTF-8].  NUL (US-ASCII 0) is never permitted
 >   in scripts, while CR and LF can only appear as the CRLF line ending.

As per recent discussion on the mailing list I suggest adding the
following text to the end of this paragraph:

Note that Sieve WG is working on an extension that would allow for 7bit
escaping
of non-UTF-8 data. When and if this extension is deployed, the ability
to use
non-UTF-8 data unescaped in Sieve scripts may be abandoned.

Comments?

Seems OK to me.