IANA registry for Sieve NOTIFY <notification-capability>

2007-04-26 05:16:14

Aaron Stone wrote:

[...]

I think we also need a notification capability registry for the
notification method documents to register their method-specific
capabilities with. The test in draft-ietf-sieve-notify-07.txt is this:

  This document defines a single notification-capability value
  "online", which is described below.  Additional notification-
  capability values may be defined by a Standard Track or Experimental
  RFC.

Is that sufficient without an IANA registry?
There is no need to create an IANA registry unless the WG believes that there would be many different capabilities in the future.

I don't think there would be that many <notification-capability>s.

Opinions?