Re: IESG comments on 3028bis

2007-05-14 04:35:44

Ned Freed wrote:

And you thought that this document was done ;-).
IESG didn't think so. Here are the two main issues:

1). Cullen Jennings:
 >The document says that one SHOULD do loop detection - I think it needs
to point
 >at some advice that provided at least one way to implement loop
detection at a
 >level of detail high enough that it is implementable.

I think this was discussed on the mailing list before and there was
consensus that this should be addressed in a separate document, because
this issue is not specific to Sieve. Do I have this right?

How about simply referencing RFC 2821 section 6.2?

A good idea indeed.

out of scope for this group?

Either way I will keep arguing with Cullen that this is out of scope for us.

2). Cullen Jennings:
 >I see a serious problem with the allowing redirection to more than one
users.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't come close to passing the laugh test. To the extent this is an issue it is in no way specific to Sieve redirect; there are lots of different ways for users to use server-side resources to send mail to many
addresses at once. Not understanding this is nothing less than not
understanding SMTP at the most fundamental level.

Thanks for the rest of your comment :-).
I will forward it to Cullen.