mark shared folder's mails as read

2007-06-14 08:31:55

Hej all,

I'm new to this list and subscribed because I hope to get some help in
an special case. I already googled a lot, and wrote to lists from debian
and cyrus.

I have a cyrus-imapd on Debian Sarge working well I created a shared
folder and let some users have full access to this shared folder. Now if
one user drops a mail in this shared folder it appears marked as unread
for all other users. That is what I want to get rid of. So what I need
is a tool, that works only on that shared folder, and marks all mails as
read. The user's inbox should not be affected!

I think this should be possible with sieve, what do you think? Thanks in
advance for ideas!

Boris