Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject-05.txt

2007-10-07 11:51:38

Hi,
Co-chair hat on:

--On October 6, 2007 1:24:40 PM -0700 Aaron Stone <aaron(_at_)serendipity(_dot_)cx> wrote:

Allow me to begin my reply by saying that I've taken on editorship of
this document with the goal of publishing an RFC. The details are not
particularly important to me; for every option there are good arguments.
I'm focusing on making sure that the document itself presents a coherent
set of actions and that it is reasonably well written.

Just to re-iterate - the draft Aaron has produced represents working group consensus from the last time this document was thoroughly discussed. Certainly the issue of one vs two actions has been discussed to death and at this point I consider that issue closed - we are going with two actions. The mailing list and IETF meeting minutes contain the full record of all these discussions.

That said, the chairs consider finishing this document a priority - so I would encourage everyone to please review it. If there are minor issues we will ask Aaron to produce an updated version and at that point we will do a working group last call on it. We would like to have this document to the IESG well before the December meeting.

--
Cyrus Daboo