Re: draft-ietf-sieve-refuse-reject approved by IESG

2008-11-24 03:47:24

On 11/21/08 4:11 PM, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Matthew Elvey writes:
I'm sorry if I didn't make clear the main change I wanted made (undone).

My code is able, or not, to carry out an ereject in a manner different from reject. It depends on this and that, including factors beyond control of my code. The code may even be able to do it when the sieve script is uploaded, but unable to when it's executed.
Sorry, I don't have ESP, so I don't know what you're talking about. I came up with a contrived example, but haven't come up with a realistic one. Have you one you can provide?

Making a script invalid between upload and execution is not at all desirable. Not having ereject at all is not desirable either.
You've not presented a case (real world or otherwise) fixed by Aaron's change I wanted undone.