Re: ManageSIEVE review: conflating two functions

2008-12-16 04:37:51

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Lisa Dusseault writes:

Ok, so there's already CHECKSCRIPT, which leaves me even more clueless why ADDSCRIPT would be defined to operate differently while anonymous, rather than just be disabled.

Catering to old clients.

I think several servers/clients try to use PUTSCRIPT "". I am not convinced that anybody is using ANONYMOUS for the same purpose. So I don't feel bad about removing the ANONYMOUS verification mode.

Ordinarily I'm all in favour of catering to old clients, but in this case I think they need a dose of upgradation to fix the + bug anyway.