Re: draft-freed-sieve-in-xml status?

2009-01-11 16:24:50

Ned Freed writes:
So I guess the question for the group here is what extensibility model do we really want here? Do we want to require enclosure of material from other XML sources in displaydata blocks, or do we want to allow other stuff to appear without such blocks as long as it's in another namespace?

Using displaydata for that purpose sounds like a hack, or do I misunderstand? "Displaydata" doesn't sound like a natural name for importing data from another schema.

The uses cases I've thought of involve sieve stuff embedded in a greater context, not other stuff included in the sieve blah. So I don't care very much about how importing things into sieve... but if that is to be allowed, allowing it properly is better than hackily.

Arnt