ihave and server upgrades

2009-01-21 08:06:52

I implemented ihave. It was easy. I ran into a strange point, though.

    require "ihave";
    if ihave "foo" {
        foo :dwimfactor 4;
    }

There are three cases.

1. Server supports foo at upload. Upload results in a managesieve error such as "NO Maximum DWIM factor is 3". Fine.

2. Server doesn't support foo, period. Upload succeeds, execution succeeds. Fine.

3. Server doesn't support foo at upload, but is later upgraded to a new version which supports foo. Now the script fails when run. Not so fine. It riles me that one thing can break because another is upgraded.

I don't suppose there's anything to do about it, but it still riles me.

Arnt