Re: ihave and server upgrades

2009-01-21 10:08:46

Hi Kjetil,

--On January 21, 2009 2:37:50 PM +0100 Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho(_at_)ifi(_dot_)uio(_dot_)no> wrote:

I don't suppose there's anything to do about it, but it still riles me.

good point.  one solution is to remove dead code (e.g, like Cyrus' "byte
compile") from the script at upload time.

Or when you upgrade a server, the server ought to have a "sieve lint" tool that can scan all existing scripts (as would happen during an upload a script) and report problems that the admin can take action on.

--
Cyrus Daboo