Re: [sieve] Notify (RFC 5435) questions

2009-09-29 10:24:03
Hello!

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 03:17:37PM +0400, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

[...]

 3. If the string of the parameter *does* specify a number, but one
    out of range, is that an error or is it ignored? In the latter
    case, is the default importance used or is the number clipped
    to the range (from below 1 to 1, from above 3 to 3)?

The same as 2.

Actually I think the value should be ignored or rounded down (e.g. "5"
would become "3").
I intended for this range to be extensible.

I'm not sure whether that would be good. A script could come to rely
that 5 "equals" 3 and then later the range *does* get extended and the
script auther might be surprised. A stricter implementation would force
the script author to use 3 and the value would *keep* being 3 after an
upgrade of the Sieve implementation.

[...]

Kind regards,

Hannah.