Re: [sieve] New Version Notification for draft-george-sieve-notify-presence-00

2010-02-09 08:16:02
Barry Leiba wrote:
[...]

But maybe I'm worrying about nothing. AFAIK all of the currently defined
presence checks have an associated notification mechanism.  And even if such a
mechanism exists, there's nothing to say an implementation couldn't implement
only the presence check part of enotify.
Exactly.
One use case I have in mind is IMAP presence (== "is this user currently connected to the IMAP server"). So I am planning to implement "IMAP presence check", but there would be no "IMAP notification" - it is already covered by IMAP IDLE.

Right... supporting enotify doesn't do anything _per se_, unless
specific notification methods are also supported.  So it seems a "mix
and match" kind of thing.