[sieve] review of draft-freed-sieve-notary-06

2010-03-23 20:36:16
Section 4:

  orcpt -  Match the original recipient, or ORCPT, value in decoded
     form associated with the TO address used in the SMTP RCPT TO

The term "in decoded form" is vague and can be interpreted different ways (for example, I might consider removal of the "rfc822;" prefix to be part of decoding :-).

I suggest this say "with xtext encoding (RFC 3461 section 4) removed".

Section 6:

  notify-value = DQUOTE notify-esmtp-value DQUOTE

The "notify-esmtp-value" can be interpreted to allow comments, empty comma fields and folding whitespace. You either have to outlaw that in prose or have a bit more detail. I suggest:

  notify-value = DQUOTE ("NEVER" / notify-esmtp-list) DQUOTE

  notify-esmtp-list = notify-list-element *("," notify-list-element)

  The notify-esmtp-value production is defined in Section 4.1 of
       notify-list-element

Author's Address:

  Sun Microsystems
   Oracle

Q: Is there a reason this didn't deal with FUTURERELEASE (4865) at the same time?

                - Chris