Re: [sieve] proposal: align header with address

2010-03-24 10:54:05
On 03/24/2010 04:21 PM, Aaron Stone wrote:
Based on a the heuristic of seeing an @ sign?

No. For a specified list of address fields. To, From, Cc will do, IMO.

2. Publish this an erratum now.

[Simplistic question to elicit details:]
When and how do 'if address' and 'if header :contains' differ?

When one address (or domain) is a substring of another. fred(_at_)example(_dot_)org vs. alfred(_at_)example(_dot_)org, fred(_at_)foo(_dot_)com vs. fred(_at_)foo(_dot_)co(_dot_)au, foo.com vs burblefoo.com. Subaddresses may be another case, I don't remember.

'if address :is' also breaks when several addresses are used (To: aaron(_at_)x, foo(_at_)y) and so on.

Perhaps this table is what we publish as the erratum, explaining that
yes, it will sometimes work, but here's how it's going to break.

I don't really care. I don't make this mistake. I'd like the people who've published drafts or even RFCs with this mistake to decide on the proper approach, they know it better than I do.

Arnt