Re: [sieve] Sieve-in-XML MIME type and file extension

2010-11-01 04:58:31
Hi Ned/Stephan,

NED+mta-filters(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
[...]

For example, analogous to
application/sieve and the .siv/.sieve extension, the XML variant could
be specified as application/sieve+xml and with a .xsieve or perhaps a
.sieve.xml file extension. I haven't seen any discussions about this on
the mailing list.

But maybe I am just nitpicking, since I don't have a direct
application/need for this myself. :)

No, I think it's a good idea. I just don't quite know what process to use.
Alexey, do you have any thoughts on this?

I think writing a short draft with the registration would be the best way. Unless you want to revise RFC 5784?

Regards,
Alexey