Re: [sieve] I-D Action:draft-ietf-sieve-external-lists-04.txt

2010-11-09 11:31:18
Hi NED+mta-filters(_at_)mauve(_dot_)mrochek(_dot_)com,

--On November 9, 2010 6:39:02 AM -0800
wrote:

>> o  Should we add a mandatory-to-implement tag?  Ned suggests (and I
>> agree) that it might be good to add a registry of well-defined
>> strings that can be used instead of URIs, and define the initial
>> string "pab" to represent the user's personal address book.
>
> My thinking on this has changed - it would be better to define a pab:
> pseudo-URL so there can be an argument specifying which of the user's
> address books to use.

URNs might be an option. i.e., we could define "urn:ietf:params:sieve:pab",
then we can use that as a URI too. Of course there are a lot of characters
in that, which is one disadvantage.

I have to say, that's a bit long...