Re: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-02.txt

2011-07-11 12:46:29
Standardized tests to work consistently across conforming implementations. The
envelope test in this context depends on the implementation supporting an
unspecified extension with unspecified semantics. This is not a recipe for
interoperability, and absent a specification for an IMAP extension for
retaining envelope information, I don't see how we can legitimately include
this.

Makes sense.  I'll put something in the next version that says that
all envelope tests, whether from the base or as added by extensions,
are either inapplicable or have serious interoperability issues when
done at other than final-delivery time.  They, therefore, are not
allowed here.

Barry