Re: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-convert-01.txt

2011-07-20 08:28:31
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-convert-01.txt

I did some major surgery on this version, so please, everyone, have a
good look at it.  The major change is that I changed the conversion
from being a part of the "fileinto" action to being an action of its
own.  This allows us to convert the whole message and the use
"fileinto" or "redirect" (or implicit keep).  It also allows us to
convert the body parts individually, perhaps using different
conversions for different body parts.

After talking about this more with Alexey, and batting use cases
around, I find that we both think it best to be able to do multiple
"fileinto" or "redirect" actions that include *different* sets of
conversions.  I had explicitly forbidden that in the -01 version, and
have posted an -02 version privately to change that:

http://internetmessagingtechnology.org/ietf/draft-ietf-sieve-convert-02.txt

Diffs here:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-sieve-convert-01.txt&url2=http://internetmessagingtechnology.org/ietf/draft-ietf-sieve-convert-02.txt

This version keeps the separate "convert" actions, but now allows a
sequence like "convert, fileinto, convert, fileinto," where the
conversions are cumulative, but each "fileinto" saves the message as
it was at the time the "fileinto" was encountered.

I'll talk about that in Québec, and I'll post this version as soon as
the I-D embargo is lifted.

Barry