Re: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-convert-06.txt

2011-12-22 15:09:31
On 12/1/2011 6:43 PM, internet-drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org wrote:
This draft is a work item of the Sieve Mail Filtering Language Working Group of
the IETF.

        Title           : Sieve Extension for Converting Messages Before
Delivery
        Author(s)       : Alexey Melnikov
                           Qian Sun
                           Barry Leiba
                           Kepeng Li
        Filename        : draft-ietf-sieve-convert-06.txt
        Pages           : 9
        Date            : 2011-12-01

I was just reading this specification again for some example text, and I noticed a small issue. This nit is about the following requirement from Section 6 of RFC 5228 (Sieve):

   Extensions MUST state how they interact with constraints defined in
   section 2.10, e.g., whether they cancel the implicit keep, and which
   actions they are compatible and incompatible with.

The latter part of this requirement is obviously explicitly met in Section 2.1. However, I miss an explicit statement about whether or not the new "convert" action cancels the implicit keep. Although it should be quite obvious and the examples provide various hints in the correct direction, I think an explicit sentence is in order. For example, I did find this for both new actions defined in the editheader specification (RFC5293), e.g. `The addheader action does not affect Sieve's implicit keep.' I think the situation is very similar in this case.

Regards,

Stephan.