Re: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-09.txt

2012-10-10 15:34:22
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Stephan Bosch
<stephan(_at_)rename-it(_dot_)nl> wrote:
On 9/15/2012 2:33 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:

It looks like this is the final version that will go to the RFC
Editor.

Just a question, how are we going to handle the approval of the following
IMAP extension?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-imapmove-command-01

Intuitively, I would say that adds a new imap.cause item called "MOVE" and I
guess at some point this (or something else) would need to be documented.
Would it still be possible for the editor to hammer it into the current
yet-to-be-RFC imapsieve document if IMAP MOVE (somehow) makes it to RFC
first?

IMAP Sieve is already in the Editor's Queue, so it's surely ahead of IMAP MOVE.

IMAP MOVE itself says that the command is equivalent to:
"""
   The UID MOVE command has the same effect as a sequence of UID COPY,
   UID STORE +FLAGS.SILENT \DELETED and UID EXPUNGE ...
"""

One could argue that "copy" is a viable value for imap.cause.

Aaron