Re: [sieve] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sieve-imap-sieve-09.txt

2012-10-12 06:47:31
Op 10/10/2012 10:45 PM, Barry Leiba schreef:
Just a question, how are we going to handle the approval of the following
IMAP extension?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-imapmove-command-01

Intuitively, I would say that adds a new imap.cause item called "MOVE" and I
guess at some point this (or something else) would need to be documented.
Would it still be possible for the editor to hammer it into the current
yet-to-be-RFC imapsieve document if IMAP MOVE (somehow) makes it to RFC
first?
IMAP Sieve is already in the Editor's Queue, so it's surely ahead of IMAP MOVE.
Right, and I've addressed this in my AD review of the MOVE extension document:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/imapext/current/msg04712.html

I must have missed that one, because I am subscribed to that list.

I thought about that when I wrote the above, and I can't find a good
reason to distinguish MOVE from COPY in imap-sieve.  It also wouldn't
be as simple as just defining a new cause: we'd have to decide whether
only the target-mailbox script is run, or whether the source-mailbox
script is run as well.  My sense is that it's not an important
distinction, and we don't want to go there.
I agree.

Regards,

Stephan.