Re: [Asrg] Devilish: Forget about DNS

2004-02-09 10:34:53

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 09:14:00AM -0800, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:

I would not recommend going to HTTP or TCP here, I would look at using
something like DIME over UDP with a lightweight session layer - TCP is not
designed well for transactions of one to four packets.

On the contrary: While I agree with you on one hand, the network
carries tons of HTTP queries which are answered with one to four
packets, and nobody cares about. So why should it be worse to
fetch RMX/LMAP/whatever records the same way?

The TCP with few packets proplem is a separate problem. Let someone
else improve HTTP and benefit once this will be done in future.

Hadmut