RE: Caller ID and ease of adoption

2004-04-14 22:04:23

Hallam-Baker, Phillip

        Thanks greatly for the list. I think it is more than
sufficient for our purposes. It looks to me like there are
two major sources of non compliance - Yahoo groups and ezmln.
The second is the trickier since there is only one Yahoo
groups to deal with and we have their email addresses.

--Harry Katz <hkatz(_at_)exchange(_dot_)microsoft(_dot_)com> wrote:
I agree.  Actually it's quite amazing that there's as much consistency
as Lars' great data indicates.

BTW, I note that Yahoo Groups does insert an X-Sender header and it
appears to have the value one would expect to find in a regular Sender
header.

I think RFC2476 has a lot to do with the widespread use of the Sender: header. I think 2476 is a good thing for us, if we can leverage it properly. By that I mean there are probably places where RFC-MARID would have had to break new ground or make up new rules, if it weren't for 2476. Now instead of breaking new ground we can refer to 2476 in a few places and just say "This thing we published 5+ years ago, well you really need to actually follow it now, to get all the benefits of validation."