Re: why we should not be ambiguous about receiver behaviour

2004-04-23 08:24:25

"wayne"  <wayne(_at_)midwestcs(_dot_)com>>
I am suggesting that we start a split track now.  The RFC2821 stuff
has been held back far too long.  The RFC2822 algorithm (S/MIME, DK,
C-ID, something else) needs to be selected and then tested.  We
shouldn't abandon either one.

Well then, my apologies, I thought that when you previously wrote:
Until such time that there is at least a proof-of-concept code
that we can all play with and collect real data on real email feeds,
I will strongly object to including the RFC2822 identities as
something we should work on.
you were arguing that RFC2822 should be out of scope. The "split track"
idea seems to be a variation on the original "strongly object" position.