RE: Can you ever reject mail based on RFC2821 MAIL FROM?

2004-04-26 12:09:35

Wayne wrote:

How can the forwarder be whitelisted when the forwarder doesn't
rewrite?

(and then Harry wrote:)

It is perfectly absurd to expect end users to know, let alone
whitelist,
either the IP address or the HELO domain of the MTAs running at the
forwarding site.

Stupid question: Why can't the forwarder whitelist themselves?

I'm interested in restoring accountability, but it doesn't matter to me who I
hold accountable for a piece of mail.  If someone wants to take
responsibility for forwarding mail, I'd say, let them.

If a sender domain says "no" but a forwarder says "yes", and if the receiver
wants to let forwarders forward mail, why not accept the mail and pin the
accountability on the forwarder?  DMP does this already.

--
PGP key (0x0AFA039E):
<http://www.pan-am.ca/consulting(_at_)pan-am(_dot_)ca(_dot_)asc>