Re: Comments on draft-ietf-marid-core-01 xml use

2004-06-04 00:10:51

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 21:54, Andrew Newton wrote:
On Jun 3, 2004, at 8:10 PM, Ted Hardie wrote:

As an aside, one of the options is to use
urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:marid:m1,
rather than marid-1.  Some folks might find it easier to extend
underneath
the schema with this format; it doesn't change the extensibility
considerations,
at least as I read them.

I think this should be 'ns' and not 'schema'.  These are XML namespace
declarations and not schema declarations.  XML Schema is simply the
language being used to specify the validity of the XML instance, but an
implementation should certainly be free to go about XML validity in any
manner it wants so long as it is compliant.  To be true to the first
part of the "be liberal in what you receive and conservative in what
you send" mantra, I actually recommend turning schema validation off
(plus, you get better performance).

Is this not the same behavior if defined as standalone='yes'?

-Doug