Why XML

2004-06-22 10:13:10

"Hallam-Baker," == Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com>
writes:

    Hallam-Baker,> The angle bracket stuff is completely irrelevant as
    Hallam-Baker,> far as I and most other XML coders are
    Hallam-Baker,> concerned. It is like x86 assembly code, I know it
    Hallam-Baker,> is there but I don't want to see it.

However the angle bracket stuff is what most mail administrators will
find themselves staring at when debugging mail deliverability
problems.

That's my main reason for prefering SPF syntax; I just find it easier
to read (visually less cluttered) than XML, and its simpler (less
flexible) syntax is easier to parse visually, precisely because of the
lack of nested structure.

Am I overestimating the extent to which MARID records will end up
being written and read by hand by mail admins...?

      -roy