Re: On Language

2004-06-22 10:07:22

On Jun 22, 2004, at 11:10 AM, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

I would like to request that participants in this working
group avoid the use of unspecific language where possible;
they lead to confusion.

For instance, the "you" intended by the author of a message
may or may not match the "you" interpreted by its audience.

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 07:37:26PM -0400, Margaret Olson wrote:
| Yes, the desire is to have mail rate information in the MARID record. I | apologize for not being clearer about that. Several people have noticed
| that you don't necessarily trust the record author - but that is why
| you accredit both the sender and any channels used with indirect
| pointers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong: in the above paragraph, I
take the first "you" to mean a receiver with no preexisting
relationship with a sender domain.

But the second "you" seems to mean "the system in general
should provide an architecture in which it is possible for
accreditation services to".

Your interpretations are correct. My apologies for the sloppiness - I wrote that message quickly and it shows.
Margaret.