On Language

2004-06-22 08:10:18

I would like to request that participants in this working
group avoid the use of unspecific language where possible;
they lead to confusion.

For instance, the "you" intended by the author of a message
may or may not match the "you" interpreted by its audience.

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 07:37:26PM -0400, Margaret Olson wrote:
| Yes, the desire is to have mail rate information in the MARID record. I
| apologize for not being clearer about that. Several people have noticed
| that you don't necessarily trust the record author - but that is why
| you accredit both the sender and any channels used with indirect
| pointers.

Please correct me if I'm wrong: in the above paragraph, I
take the first "you" to mean a receiver with no preexisting
relationship with a sender domain.

But the second "you" seems to mean "the system in general
should provide an architecture in which it is possible for
accreditation services to".