RE: Drive Towards Consensus [was Re: On Extensibility in MARID Re cords]

2004-06-22 03:35:27

Greg Conner wrote:
(One sort of limiting factor about modifiers is that they are considered to
be order-independent and the current spec encourages them to be placed at
the end to make this clear.  If I were to propose any modification to the
current spec, it would be to allow modifiers to be placed inline allowing
for the possibility that they might apply/associate the terms appearing
after them, if appropriate.  This minor change in the spec should not
affect any current parser or published records and would just be a
clarification...)

Out of all the SPF spec changes proposed in the name of "extensibility" in the
last couple months, I'd have to say that IMHO, this is probably the most
reasonable. I'd vote for it.

Michael R. Brumm