Re: Why XML

2004-06-22 22:40:05

scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com wrote:

I am writing as one of those "private people or small to medium size
companies".

I was able to digest the SPF spec in a few hours and, with the assistance
of the wizard at pobox.com, write a correct and valid SPFv1 record.  I was
able to do this because the syntax is easily readable, compact, and
deterministic.  If I had had to learn XML in addition, I think I would
never have signed up for the process.

The fact that you are participating in this discussion and news group
shows, that you are much, much more technically experienced than
the average user.

The average user will have to use a frontend program anyway.

regards
Hadmut