Re: Drive Towards Consensus

2004-06-23 09:28:42

In <00c201c45924$2e50f9d0$6401a8c0(_at_)hdev1> "Hector Santos"
<hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com> writes:

----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)midwestcs(_dot_)com>
To: "Hector Santos" <hsantos(_at_)santronics(_dot_)com>

Caller-ID is dead.  It looks like XML will be dead by the end of the
week.

I think it is important for the MARID group see what you think.

Well, I don't know if it is normal business practices of Santronics
Software, Inc to take private email conversations public, but I will
stand by what I was quoted saying.

Whether MicroSoft adopts $MARID or not, I really doubt that they will
stick with the Caller-ID XML schema (the context of the private
emails).  Their newer Sender-ID XML schema is both more compact and
more powerful.  So, yes, I think that Caller-ID is dead.

And, yes, it looks to me like XML will be dead by the end of the
week.  I'm sure everyone here is perfectly capable of deciding how
this looks to them.  I really doubt that everyone sees eye-to-eye on
this issue.

Which brings up another important point related to what you like to bring up
much: Total SPF domains currently published vs. MCEP.

Yes, as I mentioned in my private email to you, I plan on publishing
an update to my 1.3 million email domain name search today, now that
I'm below the 3-post/day suggested limit.

-wayne