Re: XML/SPF colaberation

2004-06-23 10:20:19

hadmut(_at_)danisch(_dot_)de writes:
On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 08:53:47AM -0500, Sauer, Damon wrote:
  I am reading as much as I can and with either scheme I can't see where
 this would not, at minimum, double the load on the DNS system.
Could the record first have a pointer in DNS that would tell it where to look and how many bytes the record is?

That's exactly the problem I tried to solve with RMX++.

But nobody listens. Everyone is absolutely bound to the fixed idea of storing everything in DNS, no matter whether DNS is suitable or not.

Seconded. But I don't think that can be changed - it's what the vast majority of the working group wants.

(FWIW, I tried to compute the traffic load of DNS vs. RMX++ vs. the RPC mechanism I've been muttering about. Assuming that spammers adapt and some other minor assumptions, I see no significant difference for participating sites.)

This whole SPF vs. XML discussion is ridiculous.

Amen.

Arnt