XML/SPF colaberation

2004-06-23 06:54:11

 This battle seems to be taking more and more casualties from both
sides.
People who were working closely together are now on opposite sides of
the fence.

 I am reading as much as I can and with either scheme I can't see where
this would not, at minimum, double the load on the DNS system.

 So if we are going to go down that path, I would like to submit a "What
if" that could work for both proposals.
It will require a change in code, but hopefully not a huge one.

 Could the record first have a pointer in DNS that would tell it where
to look and how many bytes the record is?

MAIL FROM: Joe(_at_)joejobs(_dot_)com
DNS lookup joejobs.com returns _MARID.joejobs.com/SPF/512
This tells the mail system that the record for joejobs.com is at
_MARID.joejobs.com, the record is an SPF record and expect the record to
be 512bytes long.

 It will require a second DNS lookup to the MARID record, but it will
allow a choice of schema and help resolve the issue of buffer-overflows.

 I have not thought this through this at all. Just came to me.

Regards,
Damon Sauer

*****
it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged
material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 113