RE: Why not XML

2004-06-23 06:37:46

We have to be ready to deal with BOTH reactions, and since they are
emotional reactions, we can't explain them away.  We can get
around them,
but not with engineering powers... the power to change an emotional
reaction is reserved only for the marketers :)

If the objection to XML is entirely emotional surely our duty is to
choose the right architectutral approach.

The computing world decided that ASCII was its interchange standard
a long time ago.

Over the past five years the computing world decided that XML was
its standard for data structures.

This is a standards body, building standards on standards is usually
considered to be the right approach to take.

                Phill