Re: Will SPF/Unified SPF/SenderID bring down the 'net?

2004-06-29 12:33:50
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:06:48 PDT, Greg Connor said:
everybody.  Furthermore, the spammer is exposing his own IP during the attack
so he should be blocked quickly.

OK... I admit I tuned in late... but somehow, it's rather surreal to see
"We have their IP so they should be blocked quickly" as a justification.

In what way will they be "blocked quickly"?  And how will this be an
improvement over the blazing speed we currently see on shutting down
spam-spewing zombies that we know the IP address of?