Re: The problem with Unified SPF

2004-06-30 15:25:45

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 11:18:43PM +0100, Roy Badami wrote:

|     Meng>   mta1.domain.com. TXT "v=spf1 a -all"
|     Meng>   domain.com.      TXT "v=spf1 include:this include:that a mx ?all"
|
| Which (almost) boils down to CSV, but using SPF syntax instead of SRV
| records.
|
| I have to say that I hadn't realized this was the intent of Unified
| SPF.

Yes, that is the intent of Unified SPF; use a single syntax
model to offer different semantics appropriate to each
identity context.

In the HELO context, you get CSV semantics.

In the PRA context, you get Caller ID semantics.

In the MAIL-FROM context, you get SPF Classic semantics.

In the PTR context, you get MTAMark semantics.

The "unification" does not mean all the above identities
need to use the same domain name.