Re: CSV and alternative authentication techniques

2004-07-03 16:14:56

Douglas,

My feeling is that CSV should simply say what to do with a HELO/EHLO
but not say anything about larger, SMTP state transitions.

That is:

     When the HELO contains a name, do CSV and apply the results to
     the session.

(I'd rather not explicitly say to do it again if there is another
HELO, since then we have to worry about interpretations of the SMTP
state machine. If the rule just says what I wrote, above, then it is
simple and rigorous and entirely covers the case of repeated HELO.)

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>