Re: Advancing input documents to RFC experimental status

2004-07-17 07:50:31

Andrew,

AN> On Jul 16, 2004, at 9:15 PM, Roy Badami wrote:
Is it still intended to publish the input documents of this WG as
experimental RFCs?

AN> This is my understanding.  However, I do not see them in the pub queue.
AN>   I'll ask the PTB.

I'm a little confused.

If these are really "input" documents, then their job is to provide
input, rather than to get used further in the IETF context.  Hence, it
makes sense for them to get an Informational label, rather than
Experimental.

Experimental means 'take this specification and try it out'.  It hardly
makes sense to have "input" documents occupy a position that puts them
roughly into competition with the working group output documents.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>