Re: Protocol - Support for internationalization?

2004-07-23 18:22:34

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:37:18AM +0100, Chris Haynes wrote:

| The explanation string is intended to be displayed to legitimate senders in
the
| form of a short message or URL, via the SMTP receiver.
|
| I can't see any support for international characters in the draft.

Are you saying that the URL encoding scheme with %HH is not
sufficient to express international characters?  If so, can
you suggest some new language that would satisfy you and
would be reasonably backward compatible with what is in the
draft?  If it is good enough we could paste that in.

Thank you for bringing the IRI documents to our attention.
If we were to use that as a normative reference we would
need to wait for it to become an RFC.

thanks.