Re: marid-submitter-02: Recipient's point of view

2004-08-06 06:03:18

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:49:09AM -0700,
 Hadmut Danisch <hadmut(_at_)danisch(_dot_)de> wrote
 a message of 35 lines which said:

How does the information find it's way to the MUA? The SUBMITTER is
not an RFC2822 information. Were does it find it's place in a
standard Unix mbox file without changing the mbox file format?

They way I understand draft-ietf-marid-submitter-02, it is the
opposite. The SMTP client must derive the submitter from the
2822-headers (see 4.2 "Processing the SUBMITTER Parameter" and
4.3). So, there is no need to send SUBMITTER back into 2822-headers
(just a check, described in 4.3).

How should a MUA be able to display an information as long as there
is no defined way how the MTA should pass the information to the
MUA?

See above. For instance, I quote  draft-ietf-marid-submitter-02, 4.3 :

This should involve no information loss, since the SUBMITTER parameter
is required to contain information derived from the message headers.