RE: How is SPF different from RMX?

2004-08-11 18:40:02

My only
gripe about AOL (as some may know) is that AOL is not against
spam, but only against spam that doesn't pay it advertising fees to
communicate to its users.

I understand that a lot of us have short term memories[1], so this may come
as a shock.

The only other person I have ever heard this type of comment from was Sanford
Wallace back in his Cyberpromo days.  "He accused America Online of getting
Sprint to act, because Cyber Promotion was AOL's competitor for advertising
dollars."

http://www.computerbits.com/archive/1997/0100/surf9701.html

A comment like this doesn't sound much different from old "spamford."

[1] Yet another parallel with the anti-virus industry.

--
PGP key (0x0AFA039E):
<http://www.pan-am.ca/consulting(_at_)pan-am(_dot_)ca(_dot_)asc>